22 December 2016

BOHEMIAN DISCOS || BLOGMAS


With their bright, bold, and beautiful attire, the 70s has to be my favourite era. I just wish I was tall enough to rock a pair of flared jeans!
It's no lie that 1970 trends have made a huge comeback that began around a year ago, but even so I have always admired with wide eyes the glammed hippie chic days that were framed in orange tinged photographs. Not only were the icons of the century performing, but the Saturday Night Fever was spreading! 

Of course we have the legendary Bowie, Cher and Joni Mitchell, but there's no way that this post would end without a mention to Vivienne Westwood. The Queen Of Punk is powerfully outrageous and is never afraid of shying away from any boundaries, my respect for her is truly immense. However, my favourite trend that I regularly suit up in is the 'Denim on Denim' dare, set by Debbie Harry. If only going to the supermarket in only denim, and killer platforms was acceptable.



On an inspired shopping trip, I bought a bell sleeved, cropped, chiffon blouse and oh my goodness, it is beautiful. It has an orange and yellow floral design printed onto it, stamped with a 70s trademark! 

A shop that I find really captures the boho chic of the 70s is Glamorous
"Inspired by high fashion, contemporary night culture and vintage; with fabrics sourced from across the globe Glamorous will have a design to suit any mood or occasion ... We believe fashion should be individual, accessible and most of all affordable". 

No comments:

Post a Comment