16 December 2016

PRETTY IN PUNK || BLOGMAS 1


Pretty In Punk is a new collection that Zara recently released, and I am feelin' it! 

It's all about going against the rules and drawing your rebellious side outside the box. The collection consists of some bad ass studded leather, classic rose print, frills, frays, and fishnets and the editorial is insane! All the clothes and accessories are bold and empowering and hopefully I will be able to grab a few more items from the season before Christmas. 





The photo shoot was a bit of an experiment inspired by multiple artists, including Nan Goldin and Juergen Teller, however, they do also kind of remind me of 2000s MySpace! Nan Goldin has regularly used vivid reds throughout photo shoots, producing fiery image and then has continued to edit each photo with tinges of other colours, such as brown or pink. Unlike Goldin, Juergen Teller's use of colour is delicate and he chooses to decrease the saturation, remove the brighter colours and replace them with subtle tones, emphasising a greater contrast between the lighter and the darker tones producing again a vintage effect.


The top in the post is from the Pretty In Punk collection, and the trousers are from Tommy Hilfiger, a recent ethical purchase. One of my favourite bloggers, Tolly Dolly Posh has really influenced me to shop outside the usual market and to instead hunt elsewhere, in charity shops. And I have become obsessed. Not only are you making great ethical choices and often donating to brilliant causes, but there's so much variety for such a great price. I have also started taking my charity shop finds and adjusting them to suit my style, whether that's giving a pair of denim jeans a frayed trim, or adjusting the waist line with my grandma's sewing machine.



In the photos I wanted to express a vintage punk vibe with a hint of side eye stares, and daring colour. I actually found it really hard to edit these photos however, as I wanted the bright colours without incredibly flushed cheeks, but also a disposable camera filter effect, but not so much that it would drain the image(!!) Nightmare.

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the campaign- the photos came out really good too, I actually didn't realise they were yours and thought they were part of Zara ones!
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dalal! That's so sweet of you xxx

      Delete